Chiropractic is not only a good pain relief option for any type of whiplash injury to the neck, but also a good option to be able to return proper movement to the cervical spine. To fully understand the chiropractic care for whiplash injuries, it is essential to have a look at how this type of neck injury can come about.
Neck injuries due to sudden movement of the head is called whiplash. It is often received from a vehicle accident, sports accident, or any accident at the workplace. The main danger with whiplash-type of injuries is that the symptoms usually takes years to develop. More often than not, individuals do not look for proper care until a rather more serious problem develops.
The ideal chiropractic care is completely unique to each whiplash injury and should be provided to the primary complications diagnosed during the chiropractic evaluation and exams. However, your Walnut Creek chiropractors normally use the following chiropractic methods for treating whiplash:
- chiropractic adjustments,
- relaxation and/or stimulation of the muscles,
- exercises, and
- ergonomic and change in lifestyle.
How can a Walnut Creek chiropractor help patients with whiplash injuries?
- Chiropractic care focuses on an in-depth picture of the neck sprain mechanisms. As vital as muscle injury is the reaction of the nervous system to strain, and the injury to deeper spine tissues with resulting constraint or fixation of spinal joints.
- Chiropractic also focus on mobilizing fixated spinal joints and starting rapid firing of neurological receptors by employing spinal manipulation.
- The doctor of chiropractic focuses on minimizing inflammation soon after the injury with different therapy techniques, like ultrasound and stretching therapies.
- The chiropractor utilizes mild spinal manipulation (or chiropractic adjustment) as the neck starts to be less inflamed, so as to return motion to spinal joints that have become fixated due to the neck injury.
- Chiropractors are doctors specializing in the care of different neck conditions and disorders that are non-surgical conditions, with gentle, time-saving techniques that address the mechanical and neurological triggering factors of whiplash injuries.
What are the objectives of chiropractic in treating whiplash injuries?
The main objectives of Walnut Creek chiropractic in treating this kind of neck injury are as follows:
- to optimize spine motion,
- to treat the discs of the spine,
- to minimize muscle spasm, and
- to improve muscle strength.
Together with the chiropractor’s treatment plan for whiplash injury, he or she may provide a referral to another doctor when it’s deemed appropriate. Find out how our chiropractors can help you, call us at 925-939-7778.
- Statistics on Chiropractic Care (topwalnutcreekchiropractor.com)